November 10, 2011

Who doesn't love a good story about paris?


Last summer while perusing a craft fair I found a book on writing.  I have been meaning to brush up on my skills for a while now so I bought it and paid 30 cents.

The real treasure came later as I was flipping through the pages and this ancient postcard of the Eiffel tower fell out. 

It took me a moment to realize what it was and once I did I was mesmerized.  I had never seen the Eiffel tower not completed and in its grand glory, have you? I hardly recognized it.

As I thought about it I couldn't help but think that before it was great, it really wasn't.  It doesn't look like much in this picture but yet it is one of the most famous landmarks in the whole world.

Then I thought about people, like us, and that everyone incredible started off not so incredible, and started small.

I hang this in my living room in a frame and every time I look at it, it reminds me I have the potential to become something great and magnificent too. 

It has also reminded me when I see beautiful things that they once were still being created, like me.  Everything in life is more special with a deeper meaning behind it to give it purpose.  

Do you think about the Eiffel tower differently now?  I hope you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...